Geckos Hostel was established in 2013 by two experienced backpackers who crossed paths while travelling in South America.
Their experience travelling inspired them to build Geckos Hostel. The initiative grew from the desire to bring together the very best features hostels had offered them during their time traveling in over 60 countries all over the world. Rossa from Ireland and Max from Italy met in Florianopolis and like many before them, they were captivated by the ‘Magic Island”.
Florianopolis is world renowned for its exciting nightlife and incredibly beautiful beaches but still maintains spirit of a surf town. Geckos Hostel is conveniently located in the center of Lagoa da Conceição, the most famous and touristic neighborhood of Florianopolis, making Geckos the perfect base to explore what the island has to offer.
Geckos Hostel is powered by solar panels, much of our furniture has been made with recycled wood and we actively recycle waste in order to run our property in an eco-friendly way.
Our hostel has:
- Private and shared rooms
- Fantastic pool
- Free unlimited High Speed Wi-Fi throughout the property
- Custom built full bar with national and imported beers
- Large common area
- Fresh linen
- Cable TV with Netflix
- Book Swap and Travel Guides
- Guest PC
- Fully equipped shared kitchen
- Beautiful patio
- Large balcony with hammocks
- Garden with covered BBQ area
- Free rotating parking available from 11 pm to 10am (upon reservation) NOTE: During the New Year’s Eve and Carnival period, parking costs R $ 15,00 / day
- Individual guest lockers
- Body boards and beach toys